As we begin making plans to meet as a congregation once again, we anticipate that our initial times
together will not look and feel as they once did. Here are the guidelines we'll be following during worship in this “Transition Phase” (with hopes that we can begin to remove some of these restrictions in time). Until then, we will operate under these standards.
Transition Phase at Hope Reformed Church
What you can expect from us:
• Be assured that we have done a thorough cleaning of the facility prior to your arrival.
• We will open the doors and begin seating people no sooner than 9 am. We hope to begin worship at 9:30.
• When you arrive, you may enter through the main double entrance on the East. The doors will be opened for you. An usher will help you/your family find a seat suitable for you that will be 6 foot apart from others in the pews. At the conclusion of the worship service, we will give you directions on how to exit the building so that we can maintain social distance.
• Songs and scriptures will be displayed for you on the screens (feel free to bring your own Bible).
• The offering plate will not be passed (donations can be left in the bucket as you exit).
• At this time the nursery and Camp Hope (our children’s church program) will not be offered.
• Expect that the worship service will conclude in less than 60 minutes and will leave you encouraged in your faith.
What we ask of you:
• We ask that if you feel sick, please stay home. For those who are more susceptible to the effects of COVID-19 (due to age or health conditions), or those who have concerns about being in a public place, please know that you are welcome to stay home. We will be recording the worship service and making it available as soon as possible for you to watch (we will aim to have it posted by 1 pm on Sunday).
• We encourage you to wash your hands before you arrive and as soon as you return home.
• Although we will be seating you 6 feet apart, we highly recommend and welcome you to wear a face mask. If you do not have a mask to wear, please contact the church (we have some extra masks that have been made and are available).
• Please refrain from greeting one another with a handshake. Of course, it is fine to wave to friends & family, but out of concern for one another, please maintain social distance of 6 feet at all times. Do not assume that people will be comfortable with less space because you are.
• At this time, we ask that you use restroom facilities before you leave home. If you must use our restrooms, they are available.
If you have any questions or concerns on these measures, we welcome you to share them with us.
Thank you for your faithfulness, support and prayer.
The leadership at Hope Reformed Church